- Remove Teflon tape. Using acetone and a paper towel, clean the seal bar thoroughly to remove the adhesive residue, oil, and other contaminants so that the new Teflon tape will adhere to the surface of the seal bar.
- Remove the retaining screw and the wires. Leave the metal strips attached at both ends. Add new insulator tape to the bar, covering the top surface completely so that the wires do not make contact with the bar itself.
- Cut the seal and cutting wire length, leaving 4 inches of overlap at both ends.
- Pull the new seal and cutting wire under the square anchoring plate while bending the wires upward.
- Tighten the retaining screw.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 at the other end, pulling the wire tightly to remove any slack.
- Cut the Teflon tape to length, leaving 4 inches extra at both ends.
- Peel the Teflon tape and adhere it to the bar.
- Slit the Teflon tape where it makes the bend around the sealbar and fold the Teflon tape toward the sealbar surface.
Minipack does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.